Thursday, January 16, 2014

Review: NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lipstain

I found this lipstain at Target for $4 and I was in the mood in trying NYC as I haven't had tried anything of theirs in years. I picked the color Berry Long Time and I am pretty impressed for the great quality of a drugstore lipstain. Compared to Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in the color Flame, I prefer NYC for its much more pigmented.

NYC's lipstain does have a strong smell, which to me is of green apples. Not unpleasant, but definitely sour and may be too much for some people.

Pros:
-Pigmented
-Lasts a long time, through eating and drinking and does not wear off oddly. It fades rather than creases or dry up.
-Easy to apply
-Not matte or glossy; more natural looking

Cons:
-Tingles lips; does not bug me, but might to others
-Bleeds onto teeth if you apply more than 2 layers.
-Not moisturizing

Overall, I definitely recommend this product for those who want something easy to apply for everyday. :)

8.5/10


 


No comments:

Post a Comment