Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette Review + Swatches

This stunning palette comes with 20 shadows.

Three are matte (habit, rewind, and x-rated), there are a few satin shades, and the rest are shimmery, but are not chunky and when applied to the eye, the shimmer does not look too extreme or costume-y. All the colors in my opinion can be worn in simple, everyday looks apart from shellshock This one is very vibrant when applied wet and therefore I feel it can actually take a simple look from day to night.

The shadows can be applied wet or dry, however a few, when applied dry, will have some fall-out. I believe all the colors can be worn, either as a wash of color blended out or packed on the eye for an intense flash of color. I think it would also be fun to apply one of the more vibrant colors - such as damaged or voodoo - wet and apply like an eyeliner.

The packaging is sturdy, and comes with a large mirror and a double ended brush.

The palette retails for $60 on urban decay's website and if you love color and makeup, then I think it is totally worth the investment.

The only downsides to this palette it is not travel friendly and it is definitely targeted to those (like myself) who love makeup and love color.

Here is a makeup tutorial done by VintageorTacky which not only shows a look with this palette but also is what sold me into getting this palette.










The colors on top, left to right are: rewind, derailed, betrayal, and voodoo. I'm really sorry I'm still trying (and failing) to work this blogging thing out and for some reason the colors aren't in order, so the second picture I'm not sure what colors those are.

The colors on the bottom row above from left to right are x-rated, coax, shellshock, lovesick and smokeout. Tanya Burr actually did a lovely makeup tutorial using the color x-rated. 

(When I published this I saw that the photos are a bit jumbled up, so above, the names start off with the matte pink and end at the intense black)



The photo on the (bottom) left as the colors in order from left to right and they are dope, toxic, habit, ambush and rewind. The photo on the right has the colors strike, madness, and prank. 


I am so sorry for the quality of pictures, I am trying to find my camera but I have no idea when the last time i saw it. 



I hope this review and these swatches were somewhat helpful. Again, I totally recommend this palette and if you would like to buy it, here is the link. And if there are any products you would like me to review, please message me on my tumblr. Thank you for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment