Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Eye Makeup of the Day #1

This is the look I wore today. Its very fresh and green, and great for spring! ^.^


I first used Miliani's eyeshadow primer. This is a great drugstore primer that preps the eye perfectly and I find that this primer is tacky enough for eyeshadows to stick and not become a powdery mess.

Next, I applied a thin layer of Covergirl's Bombshell Shineshadow in Color Me Money.  This is a very metallic cream eyeshadow that helped the green eyeshadows from the palette stand out more. Its not a necessary step as the shadows are fairly pigmented to begin with, but I think it adds just an extra metallic shine to the eyelids.

I then used the Physicians Formula Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner palette for green eyes. Okay, so I don't have green eyes, but I love green eyeshadow, especially for spring, and so I first used the 5th color from the top, which is a medium hunter green and I applied this all over the lid. All these shadows are shimmery, but I find that they are not overly glittery. After applying that shade, I applied the light lime green into the inner corners of my eyes. I then applied the last shade pictured, which is a very dark olive green and I applied that in a v-shape on the outer corner, blending a bit of it into the crease. To help blend everything, I took a bit of the peach shade and applied it right over everything. This shade is not that pigmented, which allows for a nice, warmer shade to apply right below the eyebrow. These shadows are gorgeous and very easy to blend, resulting in little to no fallout. I have used this palette many times, creating light looks using the purples and also darker, smokey looks using the dark greens and dark brown (not pictured).

Next, I used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and created a clean wing. Personally, I like a bold wing because I wear glasses and wearing eyeshadow on its own doesn't work for me. But those who don't wear glasses, just wearing the eyeshadow and some mascara would look very nice. : )

Lastly, I used Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara. This creates great lashes with no clumps and is smudge proof. I find this mascara dries fast and lasts all day.

The Final Look:


This was my eye makeup today, I hope this was helpful. Thank you for reading. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment