Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Eye Makeup of the Day #2


Hello Readers : )

This was the makeup I wore last week, only now  being able to write a post about it.
Its a very spring look with some light purples (as you will read on, I didn't use all the colors pictured).

First, I applied a base (not pictured). I used Mac's Painterly paint pot and then took my face powder (Rimmel Stay Matte in 003 Natural) to set it.

Secondly, I applied the lilac shade in the Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow palette in 711 Black Magic. This is a cream shadow, as the name says and I used my finger to apply this along my lid. This is not a great cream eyeshadow on its own, but using it for the color and for the powder eyeshadow to stick on is great.

I then applied the light pink shimmery shadow from the Almay Intense i-color trio in 404 Smoky-i for greens all over the lid and under the brow bone. Next, I applied Almay's Softies Eyeshadow in 140 Vintage Grape into the crease for some definition. However, it is not very pigmented and I needed to dip my brush into the shadow a couple of times to achieve the definition I wanted.

Those were all the shadows I used in this look. The three other cream eyeshadows from the Revlon palette are okay; the black is great to line my eyes but does need to be set with a black eyeshadow as its rather wet and won't set and dry very well, and isn't very black. For the white and silver shade, I haven't found a use for other then to highlight the inner corners of my eyes if I needed to.

The other two shadows from the Almay Trio I also didn't use but only because I didn't need them and the main shade was too warm for the look I was going for. They are however really good eyeshadows. The trio I used is for green eyes, but I have brown, and I love it, so I don't think it really matters. Be aware however that in the picture of the trio on the website where you can buy it, the pink shadow on top looks cooler than it actually is and the main shadow is looks purple rather than red.

After the eyeshadow was done I applied my usual Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and Mac's Zoom Lash Mascara.



 Thank you for reading : )


No comments:

Post a Comment